Monday, June 20, 2011

Custom 1911 Gun Grips

I was asked a few weeks ago by a fellow coworker if I could make a pair of custom grips for his 1911 pistol. I have never made gun grips before, so I took on the challenge. Lots of trial and error, but I finally got the hang of it.

I made him two pairs of grips. The first set I made from Sapele and the second out of curly maple. I think they turned out awesome and they feel great in the hand. I hope he's a happy customer.


Curly Maple grips on Kimber 1911. Photo courtesy of Lee Umali.

Curly Maple grips on Kimber 1911. Photo courtesy of Lee Umali.

Sapele grips on Kimber 1911. Photo courtesy of Lee Umali.

Sapele grips on Kimber 1911. Photo courtesy of Lee Umali.

Sapele grips on Kimber 1911. Photo courtesy of Lee Umali.



1 comment:

  1. Well done blog! This is what I'm tying to look for because I do love guns.-garrison gun grips extension-

    ReplyDelete